What do you miss?

Monday, July 8, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Monday, July 8, 2013


Day 12: What do you miss?

A few months I would have said hands down that I missed my time in Paris. It took me a long time to drag myself away from reliving those three months over and over in my head. I hashtaged HIP2012 long into 2013. I spent countless hours trying to figure out a way to move back to Europe. And this blog was originally started to chronicle the highlights of those 90 days.

I eventually had to tell myself that while I would always enjoy the memories and lessons learned abroad, it was time to live in the present.

So I would say that I miss the memories and adventures that could have happened while I was wishing I was anywhere other than where I was this past year. My head was constantly either in the past, thinking about lunching in the Latin Quarter or day trips to Versailles, or in the future, dreaming of life after graduation. There was little time spent focused on the present, on the now.  I went through the motions of school, but sometimes it felt like little more than that. I didn't reach beyond my comfort zone and enjoyed the familiarity of complacency.

Who knows who or what was waiting just outside of my tunnel vision? So embrace the joys and challenges of today because you can't repeat the past and you are not guaranteed tomorrow. 

No comments: