Fortune Favors the Bold

Thursday, January 31, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's hard to imagine that we left for Paris a year ago today. At this exact moment 365 days ago, Emily and I were eating lunch in the DFW airport waiting for our flight to Atlanta and freaking out about what was about to happen. Turns out, those 3 months were some of the best so far. I couldn't even have imagined what would have happened had I not gone to Paris. In the words of the great Lisa Vanderpump, "Life isn't always diamonds and  rosé", and there were some rough times for us in Europe, but overall, I wouldn't want to change a single thing. 

Ready for adventure!

On the Red Carpet in Cannes during our first week in France.

At the gate in Versailles.

At Trocadero to see the lights of the Eiffel Tower.

On the beaches in Normandy. 
Photo Credit: Lauren

One of the videos from our trip. Taken in Normandy by Emily.


I miss it every single moment of every single day, but I take comfort in the fact that those three months in Paris were just the beginning of my adventure. 

So I'll leave you with an old French proverb, and perhaps my favorite saying, "La fortune sourit aux audacieux", or "Fortune favors the bold". 




-Samantha

PS. Thanks Jules and Dad for letting me go. You da best.

1 comment:

Nini Kat said...

Wow I am pretty jealous of your travels!! I hope to return to Paris one day in the near future :) Thanks for checking out my blog!


ninikat.blogspot.com