Weekly Wishes No. 8

Monday, November 25, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| , |

Monday, November 25, 2013

Welcome back to another installment of Weekly Wishes, a place to share your goals for the week and to encourage others along the way too. Last week my goal was to organize my gift list for friends and family, and while I didn't quite get everything figured out, I am prepared for all of the online sales so I will not have to get out in the mass chaos and mayhem that is the day after Thanksgiving. It's like, for one day we are all thankful for our families and all the blessings in our lives, and the next day it's all about consumerism. We can't get away from our families fast enough. But that is another rant for another day. 

This week is all about rest and enjoying time with my family. Going to school so far from home seemed like a brilliant idea senior year of high school when I couldn't pack my bag fast enough to move, but it's always nice coming home. It almost feels like I've never even left and I get settled back in to my same routine effortlessly. There are only two more weeks of school left before graduation, and while the worst is behind be, it is nice to have a break to rest up and finish strong.

I arrived back home late Friday night in time to celebrate my mom's birthday dinner on Saturday at Kinderlou Forest Golf Club. And don't get me started on the food. Salad with candied pears, strawberries, gorgonzola cheese and balsamic vinaigrette; followed by halibut with a veggie medley and mashed potatoes; and the meal ended with my grandmother's Italian cream cake.

2 comments:

The Happy Type said...

Omg, that food looks AMAZING! I hope you have a great visit with your family and get the second wind you need to finish strong. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Tanya Jean said...

Yay to only being graduated! And all of this food looks so scrumptious!
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com