Weekly Wishes No. 4

Monday, October 21, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, October 21, 2013

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and didn't have to drag yourself out of bed. But if you are one of those who views the week as a long countdown to the weekend, then you are most likely not a happy camper today. Friday was my fall break and I am thoroughly convinced that if we had a three day weekend all the time, I would be much more productive. But then, in a few years I would also be the first one on the picket line for a four day weekend.
This week I want to work on my punctuality because I seem to be perpetually five minutes late to everything. I've tried setting my clock five minutes fast, but since I know I have wiggle room built in I do not make the extra effort. I can't stand when people waste my time rolling in 10-15 minutes late and I hate making people feel the same way.  

Unfortunately I love sitting and drinking my coffee in the mornings instead of taking it togo, which would give me at least an extra 25 minutes to get out the door. To make up for my constant lateness, I have become a master speedwalker. I'm not to the Olympic level yet, but I still think it's impressive. If I can't learn to be early, I'll just work on my speedwalking form and enter some races. Might as well get a cardio workout if I know I'm going to arrive late.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

The Nectar Collective

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess!! I love your goal for the week.

I think your best bet for beating lateness, is to one, just do it. Make sure you leave with enough time to get to where you need to go, on time. Maybe cut down your morning coffee from 25 to 20 minutes.

Or, the second option is, to tell yourself you need to be where you need to go 15 minutes earlier. So if your start time is 10 am, tell yourself the event starts at 9:45. Aim to be there then and you'll end up being early.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing how it went.

Esther JuLee said...

that's too funny that you make up for it by becoming a better speedwalker! i feel like i'm the same way.. i'm always a tad late to everything. luckily in LA we can blame everything on traffic. haha good luck this week!

Jess said...

Haha this was great. I am afraid I am not much help, as I am always 5 or even 10 minutes late to everything. Just how I am and sometimes I hate it. I hate rushing around and I hate making people wait for me too... I was doing pretty well a couple weeks ago and it felt great to not rush places! Gotta get back into that... I am also with you on the fast clocks. All of the clocks in the house are at least 5 minutes fast (drives my stepmom nuts) because that's how my dad and I like it since we are both constantly late (can I blame in on genetics?!).

Good luck figuring this out and let me know what helps you :)

xoxo Jess
Foreign Room

Erika from America said...

Hehehe, I enjoyed reading this -- I love the subtle silliness in this post. Anyway, I'm chronically late so I don't really have any tips! I set my alarms like 20 minutes fast and it still doesn't help. Me and time? Well, we're the kind of friends who just kind of get all caught up in each other. My closer friends strategize... I think they've started to tell me to meet earlier than we should, just so I show up on time (but I'm all apologizing about being late). And I still stroll into class about 2-5 minutes late. Haha. MESS.

--Erika
http://www.chimerikal.com