Happy birthday, Stamp in my Passport

Thursday, October 10, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Thursday, October 10, 2013

You turned one year old on October 1! Congratulations! If you would like to take a walk down memory lane, let's look back at those first few posts, shall we? It all started with three roommates who weren't quite ready to move past their semester abroad, and now, 12 months later, while I may still be looking for the perfect direction I want my speck of the Internet to move in, it is without a doubt moving forward and not backward anymore.

I, and this blog, have had an exciting year. There were trips to Chicago, Oxford, Memphis, Little Rock, St. Simon's, Atlanta, NYC, and Orange County. I ran/walked my first and only 5K. I slowly ventured into the kitchen (and learned the difference between wax and parchment paper the hard way.)

We took a hiatus in February because, let's face it, who wants to read about three girls who spend their time either in class, watching tv, or sleeping? I would say we had a sophomore slump, but it was junior/senior year. So there's that.

This summer I decided that I needed/wanted to keep writing on a regular basis. Even if no one read it, I needed this blog for a creative outlet. And that's when things took a turn for the better. It is true that when you write for yourself, people will be interested. And you stop becoming obsessed with the numbers and statistics because you enjoy what you do and even if no one else reads what you have to say, it's ok because you are writing for an audience of one: yourself.

I've found community here. I'm constantly inspired, encouraged and amazed by these creative and talented ladies. I travel the world through their adventures, learn from their experiences and realize that I can relate and feel like I am close friends with someone I have never met in person before.

I've enjoyed the past hour reading back through my archives. I have never been great at journaling, but this is the perfect place to document all of the little moments and the thoughts that run through my head.

This next year will have its own set of new experiences. First non-minimum wage job, first apartment. Now I will finally have a reason to put half of my Pinterest boards to good use. Until I can afford my decked-out Pottery Barn home, I will settle for a DIY-Ikea space to call my own. I can't tell you where I will be a year from now, but I'd like to think that Stamp in my Passport will still be around, chronicling every twist and turn yet to come.

And the best blog birthday present I could ask for is winning Crystal's Go Forth and Blog Giveaway! 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Blogging Birthday! : )

Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

Alyssa said...

Yay!!! Happy Birthday, cute little blog!

Unknown said...

Happy Blog birthday! Those cupcakes look delicious.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary, Jess! I love your blog :) you have done so much great work!

Iva B. said...

Happy blogo-birthday and maaany more to come :)

Rachel said...

Happy 1 year of blogging to you! That's a long time to stick with this little hobby! :)

Megan said...

Happy belated blog birthday! And congrats on winning the giveaway! :)