Good morning! Whether you spend your Saturday mornings sipping coffee in bed, at your favorite brunch spot, or on the go running errands, here are my favorite stories from this week for you to catch up on. So sit back and ease in to your weekend.
- A cultural anthropologist told Huffington Post why so many people choose to binge watch their favorite TV shows (myself included.) He said that we become emotionally invested in the shows plot and characters and don't want to leave them. I know, for myself at least, this is especially true for dramas like Scandal that have major clifhangers at the end of almost every episode. And with a plot that has the most twists, in order to keep up with what is going on in the show, you almost have to sit and watch four or five episodes at a time instead of once a week.
- Teen Vogue posted 5 tips to stand out at your internship (or job, for that matter.) Their first tip was to pack a bag with all the things you may forget, like a phone charger, travel toiletries and a pen and paper. I just bought the perfect laptop bag/briefcase/airline carry on bag from Target that has plenty of room for everything I'll need at my internship, plus it is a step up from carrying my Northface backpack.
- The New Year always makes me want to make a new "to-read" list. The Everygirl reviewed "Where'd You Go Bernaette," which I had seen floating around on many must read lists. The author is one of the writers for Arrested Development, so be prepared for some quirky humor. (Samantha, let's add this one to our book club list, yes?)
- I am head-over-heels in love with this Doxie in Paris print.
- I have a few blank canvases in need of being used in a craft project. I think this one is on my level.