Weekly Wishes + Sponsor Spotlight

Monday, December 23, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, December 23, 2013

Is it possible that Christmas is this week? I had to drive past the mall Saturday afternoon and it was madness. This is why I am a firm believer in online shopping (plus you get to receive lots of mail, which is my favorite.) And don't get me started on the fact that it was 81 degrees on the first two days of winter at home. Friends at school didn't believe me when I told them I wore shorts up until Christmas day, but it's true this year. However, after dealing with the Icepocolypse of 2013 two weeks ago, I'll take all of the warm weather I can get.

My first goal this week is to finish unpacking my car. Moving back into my childhood room is a little strange, but since I had a storage unit at school plus my apartment and room at home almost filled, I had a lot to clean out before merging the two. The final boxes have been riding around with me since last Sunday. I've been treating it as a second closet; when I need something, I grab it out of the trunk instead of bringing all the items inside. Oops.

My second goal is to watch as many Christmas movies as possible. Netflix and AMC will help make this goal a reality. So far I've watched Home Alone, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Family Man. I'm preparing myself for 24 hours of A Christmas Story. Did you know that I haven't watched it all the way through from start to finish? It's true, I always end up tuning into the movie at different parts, but have never sat down at the beginning. Perhaps this is the year for it.

What are your plans for Christmas? Is your whole family getting together, or are you planning on starting your own traditions this year?

_____________________________________________

Now I would like to introduce you to one of my lovely sponsors, Sarah. 
She took a break and traveled the world and
I'm extremely jealous.
Notice the Eiffel Tower in the background of her photo?
It's no surprise why I love her blog :)

Sarah of Sarah's Suitcase

My blog is a place where I share photos and short tales about my recent and past travels. Story started when I was still in a stroller, traveling around South East Asia thanks to my dad's work benefits. But as they say, all things must come to an end, so as our free flights and in 2005, our family moved to Los Angeles, CA where our expat lives started. In the last 4 years, I have lived in 10 zip codes and been to 17 countries. Come join me while on trip or while exploring my new neighborhood as I move from one place to another and as I live and try different food, culture and life in general. Because the world is too short to stay in one place. 

What is one item you can't travel without?:
I couldn't travel without my iPhone. It keeps me in check with my IT - flight numbers, dates and times, thanks to travel apps. Aside from iBooks, I also installed Kindle app where I download my travel guide books. Maps help me find my way whenever I'm lost. My most favorite feature will definitely be the camera. I love that it records the location where I take my photos and makes me remember exactly where I've been. 

What you should be reading: San Francisco | Amalfi Coast | Uros Islands

If you're interested in your own sponsor spotlight, you can check out my advertising options here

2 comments:

Megan Joy said...

I still have boxes hidden away in different rooms in the house I moved into in July. You'll get there.:D I am also planning an epic marathon of TV shows and Christmas movies. A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite! Enjoy!

Jess Boyd said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who lives out of boxes for a while!