And the winner is...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The pinnacle of awards season is on Sunday night! It's the time of the year when we all rush to Redbox or the theater to watch the movies deemed best by the industry insiders (of which there has been much controversy this year.) While everyone else is paying attention to the winner give their acceptance speech thanking God, their mother, the studio, blah blah blah, I like to watch the faces of the runner-ups as outwardly they look thrilled for their colleague, but inwardly they are counting down the hours until they can drown their sorrows at the after-party. Unfortunately, some can't manage the positive expression as well as others.

I had every intention of having an Oscars best picture marathon, but that didn't happen. Since I don't have enough time to see them all, which ones do you recommend as must-sees? 

Perhaps watching actors win awards for movies you have never heard of is not your thing and the red carpet is more your scene. At the height of my Rachel Zoe obsession, I couldn't get enough of awards season. Sadly, we will no longer have Joan Rivers' witty and sometimes mostly bitting commentary on Fashion Police. 

It's time to make your predictions in anticipation of Sunday night. If you are watching with friends or roommates, make a game of it and see who can guess the most winners correctly. I've included the main categories, plus a few of my favorites, below.



1 comment:

Erika said...

We always do an Oscar ballot, but I'm going to be awful this year as I haven't seen hardly anything this year!