Midweek Break

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 | Stamp in My Passport| , |

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Looking for a little inspiration to brighten up your midweek? From a brightly colored interior door and centuries old architecture to impulsive hair-color decisions and vintage typewriters, where do you draw your inspiration? 

I love putting together mood boards whenever I'm lacking ideas. They are typically the product of staring at a blank blogpost longer than 20 minutes once the panic sets in that I will no longer be able to form coherent sentences or  write anything of any meaning ever again. Truth be told, last week's Lifestyle Blogging Guide was a similar product born out of the empty time waiting for New Girl and Mindy Project to come on.

When the weather is seasonally terrible and more of your time is spent indoors than outdoors, how do keep the creative juices flowing? Because I'm sort of at a loss and there may be more and more sarcastic ramblings. But maybe that's ok.

Also, if anyone else is as type-obsessed as I am, how perfect is this ampersand? I could care less about the rest of the typeface, but this is perfection.

8 comments:

Kristin Cook said...

Before anything else is mentioned... OH MY GOSH! I am completely in love with the loft with the Christmas lights and bike. I want that in my home.


On another note, have you ever read Anne Lamott? She is a very talented writer who often talks about writing/creativity/blanking-it. You may want to read her book "Bird by Bird". I haven't finished it, but what I have read is good. She's got a quirky sense of humor too, which is a plus.


And finally, I love The Mindy Project. The end.


Kristin // athisfeetdaily.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

Okay you are the queen of inspiring mood boards!

Kailey said...

Okay. I need to make a mood board asap. I can only hope it turns out as pretty as yours! ;)

Nelle Monaco said...

umm.. so in love. i think we could be style twins. loving your blog and ALL of this post. you have inspired me to made a mood board asap. thank you!

Jess said...

thanks so much! making mood boards is one of my favorite things to do. Especially because I can put my Pinterest boards to good use :)

Jess said...

awww thanks! now to find a project to use it for.

Jess said...

that's a title i would be proud of haha!

Jess said...

You and me both. It would be like christmas all year long. And yes!!! I read Bird by Bird for high school lit and fell in love with her style. It might be time to reread it :)