Meet Anna from Rich as Kings

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, March 17, 2015


Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog.

Hi! I'm Anna, a newlywed, native Coloradoan currently planted in Philadelphia. My husband and I love exploring the incredible food scene in this city and the lifestyle that an urban setting provides! I'm also the girl behind the lifestyle blog Rich as Kings, where I write about what I'm learning about being truly rich and living gratefully. Over there, I focus on the wealth found in good food, good perspective, & good taste. 

As a fellow foodie, are there any recipes that you keep stashed in your back pocket to fix quickly for dinner or unexpected guests?

Food is the one thing I could talk about forever--my friends make fun of how often I bring it up! For busy weeknights, I love to have my homemade enchilada sauce on hand for jazzing up chicken or the makings of a quick soup (like my butternut squash - or - chili!). We're brunch lovers on the weekends, so there's always good-quality bacon in the fridge and the basics for huevos in the pantry.


I love this post about how you landed your job! What advice do you have for upcoming grads on the job hunt?

Thank you! Gosh, my job hunt was such a rollercoaster. My absolute, number one, without-a-doubt piece of advice is to be confident. If confidence doesn't come naturally to you, practice it. Practice in front of the mirror, in front of your mom, your cat--whatever. But practice it until you truly feel it, because your interviewers will feel it too. My other advice is to treat your job hunt as a job. Take it seriously and pour your best energy into it. After your twentieth resume and cover letter revision, it's easy to become complacent. Do your best to select your applications carefully--quality over quantity is far more likely to get you noticed and into an interview.

How do you take your tea/coffee/latte?

My morning coffee is never sweetened, always creamy (I prefer whole or almond milk), my afternoon espresso is a double, and my evening tea is plain and minty.


If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be and why?

Am I allowed to say my mom? My mom is amazing. And as much as I love Philadelphia, I've still got a Colorado-shaped hole in my heart that always aches a little bit for her kitchen with the view of the mountains. To sit down over afternoon coffee and one of her famous sandwiches this afternoon would fill my heart right up.

No comments: