Elizabeth is one of those bloggers
who you feel like you can be best friends
She's constantly sharing words of encouragement,
a Harry Potter reference,
or a winter outfit post that has me (almost) wishing
I didn't live in a tropical climate
so I could embrace the layered look.
And now she has a delectable recipe that
will impress you next gathering.
Hello! My name is Elizabeth and I blog over at Oak + Oats. I am so excited to be guest posting here at A Stamp in my Passport! I love winter and the new year and snow and making treats and staying warm and feeding friends and drinking hot coco and such. I wanted to share with you my mother's secret recipe (that is all over pinterest now) because it is so easy and a great go to dessert for the holiday season!
I make easy treats. I am not not much of a backer/ cook / person who enjoys spending time alone in my kitchen. These brownies are right up my ally because they are seriously the easiest thing ever. also, they are Ridings family tradition. my mom made these all the time growing up - school snacks, bible study dessert, birthday foods, potlucks, and all that. probably because she is a lot like me!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- box of brownie mix (& required ingredients)
- bag of york peppermint patties
WHAT YOU DO:
1. mix together the brownie mix following the instructions on the box
2. put in the oven for a couple minutes less than the box tells you to
3. when the timer beeps, add unwrapped mints to the top of the brownies
4. put back in oven for 3-4 minutes
5. use a spoon (sprayed with pam) to spread the melted mints on top of the brownies
6. let cool & enjoy!!!!