In 2014, I promise to not consider Buzzfeed my daily reading. I promise not to watch Property Brothers for five hours at a time and I promise not to start reading a book just to put it down three months later because I forgot the plot.
2014 will be the year of the Kindle, taking weekly trips to the library and reading the book before watching the movie. It will be a year of adventure, both in person and in the pages. It will be a year of novels and memoirs and historical fiction. It will be a year of loosing track of time, of dog-earing pages and highlighting my favorite passages.
Here is a selection of books on my list for 2014. Feel free to add your favorites!
1. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
2.The Group by Mary McCarthy
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
4. Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie
5. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
6. Looking for Alaska by John Green