I hope you are not drowning under a sea of rain, or being blown away by storms from this week! Why is it that about this time every year there is one storm system that wreaks havoc across a large part of the country?
For your morning (or afternoon, or night) reading pleasure:
- Have you realized that the students entering freshman year of high school in August were born in 2000 or 2001? Where has the time gone? I for one feel sorry that they missed all of the gems of growing up in the 90s.
- If you aren't able to watch the finale of your favorite tv show or can't watch the big game on live TV, have no fear. Twitter has a mute function for you to block tweets for particular accounts for a specified length of time. Why didn't I know about this when Scandal was on?
- I absolutely agree with Megan's reasons why you should intern with a nonprofit. Especially if feeling like you are making a difference/doing something that matters or you want a vast range of experience in a short amount of time, then consider interning (or working) for a nonprofit.
- How pretty are these lemon blueberry bars? Now I'm just looking for an excuse to make them.
- When in Ireland, I wish that I was able to fit a trip to the Cliffs of Moher into my itinerary, however it just wasn't an option. The main reason I wanted to go was so I could quote The Princess Bride constantly. Also, can I be honest here? It wasn't until I read Casey's post that I knew the rock and cave Harry and Dumbledore go to in search of horcruxes was also the Cliffs of Moher. But now I know...so I hope you won't hold this against me.
What you may have missed this week: