I came across a "20 random facts about me" post the other day, and I thought it might be fun to do for all of the new faces around here. This prompt reminds me of the first days of school when you have to write your entire life's story as one of the first journal prompts you do. On a random tangent, do any of you remember the time that schools tried to make journaling part of ever class, including math? That was the worst. Who wants to write about their weekend spent with quadratic equations? Moving on...
1. I didn't like chocolate until a few years ago. It's true. For a while I lied and told people I was allergic so I didn't have to explain why I didn't like the taste.
2. I'm an only child. Growing up I learned to entertain myself and enjoyed spending time alone, which I think is why I enjoy living on my own now.
3. I've never been stung by a bee/wasp/flying insect. Who knows, I could be deathly allergic to the flying pests and not even know it.
4. I'm allergic to mosquitos. Maxi skirts being in style were the best thing to happen to me to hide my bug-bite laden legs.
5. Shark week is one of my favorite weeks out of the year. Although when I was swimming in the ocean Sunday afternoon, I refused to let anyone with me discuss sharks. Too close for comfort.
6. I think I'm funniest via text and Twitter when I have time to come up with witty responses. Please tell me I'm not alone in this.
7. I moved to Florida because there is no state income tax and there are discounts to Disney World.
8. I went to college in a small town in Arkansas. And high school friends for some reason kept thinking I was in Arizona? Both start with an A I guess.
9. Navy blue is my favorite color. After decking my freshman dorm room out in teal, I can't even stand to look at the color anymore.
10. I've only ever driven small cars, which contributed to my lack of parking skills because I've always been able to whip into any space of my choosing.
11. When I was sick one day, I watched Pride and Prejudice on repeat for 8 hours (while sleeping on and off) because I was too weak to get out of bed and put a new movie in.
12. I can almost quote The Princess Bride verbatim. Is it still cool to incorporate "as you wish" into wedding vows? Yes, no?