Almost Throwdown in Spinning Class

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Imagine this scene...but with adults.
So I've started going to spinning class on Monday nights with a friend. She swore by it and said it was worth a try, so I said "why not?" That was three weeks ago and I'm still going strong. 

Their is a problem with supply and demand though. There are only 15 bikes and 5:30 on a Monday night is PRIME workout time at the YMCA. By Thursday and Friday you can find a parking spot no problem because people's willpower to make it to the gym has worn off by then.

So Hunter and I have to get there at about 5 and sit in the lobby and wait until 5:15 (on the dot) when they turn the notebook around for us to all sign in and get one of the coveted spinning bikes. It's a madhouse. You better pay attention to who got there before you because heaven forbid that you cut in line. Grown-ups revert back to their days on the playground lining up to play four square: "NO CUTSIES!" There are already 15 people there waiting before 5:15 rolls around, so if you thought you could get there at 5:30...forget about it.

Hence the almost throwdown that occurred last night.

Apparently a couple women signed in friends that were running late...there were mix ups with the number grabbing system...which led to an employee coming to the spinning room and doing a roll call to make sure that the cheaters did not get to experience the 35 minute insanity that is spinning class with Amelia (she's the best instructor.)

Thankfully the culprits came forward and slunk out the door because I think the next step was making us all pull out our IDs and make sure only the people who were over-zealous and stood in line for 15 minutes got to go to the class.

Moral of the story: Don't try and stand in the way of women (and men apparently?) who want to get their spin on on Monday nights. Mondays are hard enough as it is so you best not add to the stress.

The only acceptable throwdowns in my opinion 
involve Bobby Flay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to spin class once. it was the worst decision of my life, ha! I even wrote a post about it.
http://aldtalks.blogspot.com/2012/06/psa-spin-class-sucks.html

after reading your post, I am choosing to believe that nothing good ever comes from spin class ;)

Amanda Wissmann said...

I. love. spin. class!

I would NOT have loved this experience. I am all about justice and this would NOT have worked for me.

Didn't happen at a spin class, but a few years ago I went to one of the Harry Potter premieres at midnight. We sat in line for 3 hours when some kids started letting their friends line hop...Nope nope nope! I walked up there, told them to leave. When they didn't I found a theater attendant and pointed out every single on of them. hahahaha! I am SOoooooOOooo mature, right?!?!?!

Stopping by from the Blog Lovin link up!