Backgrounds For An Organized Desktop

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, July 22, 2014


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

In my quest to reach desktop zero, I have also been in search of the best desktop backgrounds to serve as my motivation. When I was on student publications and the office was my second home and the 21 inch iMac pretty much served as my main computer, I was all about having a new, beautiful background every week. It was my thing. Sadly, people always asked if I had designed them myself and I faced this moment of conflicting emotions: one that they think I have enough graphic design sense to do this and two a sense to give credit where credit is due.

I say all of this to say that I like pretty things. And just as a clean desk top (the physical desk) with a few trinkets on it can spark creativity, I believe that a beautiful desktop background can have the same effect. Kudos if it is also functional and helps you organize your files or has a built in calendar. 

Most of these came from DESIGNLOVEFEST and Jenny Highsmith. They never fail to provide desktop downloads on a regular basis. 

Which one is your favorite? Which designer/blogger do you turn to to dress you tech?

10 comments:

Amanda Greer said...

I LOVE the "you got this" one from Designlovefest! I currently have a watermelon one from her on my desktop!

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I love these thanks!!

Gina Alyse said...

I love finding my on DesignLoveFest! They're always so cute! Thanks for sharing all of these :)

Jess Hnatiuk said...

Oh so pretty! I like the one that looks like waves! Wait, what is desktop zero? I think I've missed something here...

Jess said...

I was going to link to it but forgot...it's basically working to keep your desktop free of files and open applications that you aren't currently using or won't use in the next 15 minutes. Takes all of the clutter away!

Jess Hnatiuk said...

OH! I totally thought I hadn't heard of the latest thing, which is the case! :) That's a great idea! I need to do that pronto!

Jess said...

http://wistia.com/blog/non-sequitur-fridays-desktop-zero



Best of luck!

Caity @ Where The Heart Is said...

These. are. SO. CUTE. I'm obsessed!

Erika said...

Great picks!! I haven't attempted desktop zero yet, but I have been pretty good at keeping things designated to 3 folders on my desktop, so I'm not sure if I will. I do love adding new wallpapers, though, so I'm going to download these pronto! I have so many and I just let them cycle on my mac because I can't decide which one I like most.

Diana - Life in German. said...

These are all so pretty!! I usually add the blogilates calendar as my desktop background, but wouldn't mind putting some of these!