Weekly Wishes

Monday, July 7, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Monday after a long weekend! I'm writing this from DFW because in true fashion I arrived 1.5 hours before my flight departs. Better to be early to snag a seat by an outlet than to be that person running for the final boarding call, I guess. 

In typical fashion, Samantha, Emily and I had a foodcation for my visit filled with lots of tex mex, falafel and down home cooking. The weekend was filled with a visit to the Kimbell art museum, the Fort Worth food truck park and the drive-in movie. 

It's so nice being able to catch up for the first time since graduation day in December. Somehow we're able to pick up right where we left off.

Last Week 

While lots of fun was had, an equal amount of sleep and naps commenced this weekend. I thought I would dread having to get up on Monday morning, but it's looking like it won't be such a dreaded experience. 

And the whole invest in self tanner didn't happen. I'm still the palest person in the sunshine state. Ironic, yes?

This Week

Begin going through my old posts to check for broken links, photos that aren't sized correctly and adjusting categories and tags. I've been putting off this tedious process for the longest time. I just need to sit down and actually start doing it. 

Any bloggers/ readers in Tallahassee or north Florida? Let me know! I still very much feel like I'm new to town. Maybe I should also take up a hobby to meet more people? 

Try the desktop zero practice. Similar to keeping your email inbox empty, desktop zero is all about keeping your desktop free of clutter. I'm sort of decent about keeping icons off of my desktop, but I constantly have dozens of tabs open and applications running that I may or may not use immediately. Just like keeping your actual desk clear, I guess keeping your computer desktop organized helps keep you focused? I'll let you know how it goes. 
The Nectar Collective

5 comments:

Cindy D said...

I am a TLH reader and enjoy your blog. Your visit sounds fun, it's great to have friends that you can pick up right where you left off. I am also a proponent of early arrival at the airport. People-watching is a great pasttime.

Amanda Greer said...

Oh man! I used to be so good about keeping my laptop desktop clear... only one icon! But lately I've let it get pretty cluttered. I gotta clean that stuff up!

TheJessaOlsonBlog said...

I'm going through my old posts as well. Have you played the email game? Same thing as trying to clear your inbox in a certain about of time. It's fun!

Jess said...

It's so hard to sit down and just clean everything up, but I always feel so much better once I just knock it out.

Jess said...

I haven't heard of that before! I always like a challenge and trying to get tasks done in a certain amount of time. I am always cleaning my apartment during commercial breaks and I'm trying to vacuum everything before my show comes back on.