Friday Favorites: Daily Survival Guide

Friday, July 25, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Friday, July 25, 2014


I'm on of those people who carries an abnormally large bag on a regular basis. Whether or not I bring my laptop with me, I still use my laptop bag as my carry all. I've been known to mistaken diaper bags for tote bags. Those came with some quizzical looks in the checkout line. 

Needless to say, I carry everything I need (and more) with me. I may talk about organization and simplifying my life on a fairly regular basis, but this does not apply to the pile of receipts at the bottom of my bag.

So what do I always have on hand? 

1. Notebook - For all of those ideas, partial lists and random musings, and half-written blog posts. Typing on my phone keyboard is a pain even with autocorrect (made more so by autocorrect, sometimes) so I keep track of things the old fashioned way. 

2. Kindle - I never know when I will end up having to wait for a long period of  time or find myself needing to fill 20 minutes. Now I have no excuse to knock books of of my "must read" list.

3. A scarf - For those days that the office is freezing.

4. A liter water bottle - I drink 2 - 3 liters of water per day. Having a larger bottle eliminates the number of times I have to walk to the water fountain to refill it. Ever since I gave up tea and diet coke (ok, "give up" may be a little extreme) and made water my main beverage of choice, I haven't had a problem getting the recommended amount per day. 

5. Larabars - To curb the hanger that sets in about 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. like clockwork.

6. Tinted lip balm - I received this lip balm in a Birchbox and absolutely love it. It's the perfect mix between a hydrating balm and a tinted gloss. With other lip products, I still had to use my trusty EOS underneath. This cuts out the middleman. 

7. Multivitamins - Because I never remember to take my vitamin in the morning, I tote the whole bottle around with me. And they may or may not rattle around quite loudly. 

What is in your daily survival kit?

______________________________________________________________

Laura of Camis and Cushions

Laura lives in the UK and will be headed to university in a few months. What started out as a space for her to share her favorite fashions and home decor, has turned into a little bit of a mixture of everything going on in her life (and those are my favorite kinds of blogs because no one has just one hobby or niche) - see posts about being a novice hula hooper and crafting. She also loves hunting for a good bargain, as seen in her Steal of the Week posts. 

Follow along: Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest


Mia of A Swede Abroad

Mia is living the life that I live in my perfect dream world. She spent the last five years living in London and is now moving down under. Who else is jealous slash wants to crash on her couch on their next trip to Australia? And if that isn't enough wanderlust for you, just check out the list of all the countries she has visited here. Like most of us, Mia doesn't have a job that allows her to travel but just proves that if you love something so much you will find a way to make it happen.  

Follow along: Bloglovin

2 comments:

Caity @ Where The Heart Is said...

I ALWAYS carry such a huge bag, even if I have nothing in it! But normally I'm just stuffing in a bunch of stuff 'just in case' hahaha

Amanda Greer said...

I used to carry a HUGE bag with me but downsized to a small purse a few months ago. It feels nice most of the time, but I sometimes miss my big bag because I felt prepared for anything!