It is safe to say that fall is the universal favorite season. The bright colored leaves before they fall off, layers, scarves, boots, warm drinks, apple-cinnamon-pumpkin everything are all at the top of my list. If we're being honest here, I'm most excited for fall because my hair doesn't expand to five times its normal size the moment I step outside. The downside is now it's dark when I wake up and I continue to try to convince myself that my alarm is going off at the wrong time. But you want to know the best part of the season? The holidays are right around the corner. If you are just now planning for Halloween you are months behind. It's time to prepare for Christmas and, if you want to go all out, it's best to stock up for Fourth of July as well.
My fall bucket list includes:
- Jump in a pile of crunchy leaves
- Stock up on flannel in all colors
- Decorate a pumpkin with glitter
- Make every possible pumpkin dessert
- Expand the traditional Thanksgiving meal
- Find a pumpkin patch and recreate Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin
- Constantly drive with the windows rolled down
- Buy a pumpkin-carmel-apple-cinnamon candle
- Instagram everything in lo-fi to bring out all of the season's colors
What do you look forward to this time of year?