Weekly Wishes // 13

Monday, February 3, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Monday! And if you are one of the 6% of Americans who called in sick today after throwing the perfect Super Bowl (or puppy bowl) party, then I hope you are enjoying your long weekend. I tuned out at 9 to watch Downton Abbey because someone has to try and keep PBS's ratings up.

Last week I wanted to complete all my readings for the first section of my social media class. Success! It was all interesting except both authors come from a Fortune 500 corporate background, which isn't something I am necessarily interested in. 

I also wanted to find some new lunch ideas. You all had great advice, and the going consensus was to cook extra at dinner to have leftovers the next day. Well, I can do that. I'm also going to make sure I bring snacks as well. Hummus and pita bread, anyone? 

And for this week: 

1. I got a DSLR Saturday as a graduation gift! I can't wait to start capturing all of life's moments. And of course Dixie was my first (semi-willing) subject. Along with a Macbook and Photoshop, I feel like I've now entered into the blogging big leagues. 

2. Apply for five jobs. I've already book-marked the ones I'm interested in. Now I just have to sit down and write the cover letters and go through the process of submitting my application. As a long shot, Edleman PR agency is looking for someone to work on their Starbucks account, so you better believe that position made my list.

What are your goals for the week?

The Nectar Collective

18 comments:

Kaelene Spence said...

Same here, my goal is to send out some cover letter and applications to jobs I have my eye on. Such a daunting and time consuming task, best of luck!

Megan said...

Good luck with the job applications and I am SUPER jealous of the new camera!

Chelsea Ward said...

Ah I'm so jealous of your new camera! That will be so much fun to play around with, the photos of Dixie are too cute. Good luck with the job applications! 5 in one week is ambitious! :)

Jessica Leigh said...

Congratulations on the camera!! So exciting :)

Alisha B. said...

Good luck on the job hunt!!! Purchasing my first "big girl" camera is def on my list for this year!

Kayli Schattner said...

Good for you for applying for a "dream" job...I always say that half of achieving your goal is showing up! A lot of the time people are pleasantly surprised :) Also, loving your new DSLR!! What kind did you get?! I recently bought myself a Nikon D5200 and LOVE it. I'm still trying to learn manual mode though...I feel like I need to learn so that I can justify the buy!

Jess Boyd said...

I got a Canon T3 and love it. It's Canon's entry-level model, which is perfect for me because of the price and I don't know how to use most of the extra features on the upgraded models. I took a photography class in school and sort of know my way around manual mode, but mostly shoot in either aperture or shutter priority to take a little of the guess work out!

taylor said...

yay! wow, congrats on the dslr! biggest investment of my life and favorite 'tech' piece i own. beats my iPad or laptop anyway! :) and i am a fellow downton lover at heart. way better than watching the Super Bowl ;)

Jess Boyd said...

thanks! my biggest challenge will be remembering to keep it with me. that is the one great things about iphone cameras. and i always love finding other downton lovers!

Jess Boyd said...

thank you :)

Jess Boyd said...

thanks! it really does make me feel like an adult having a "real" camera.

Jess Boyd said...

If I hadn't bookmarked all of them already I never would try filling out that many applications. But when you're not working, you have a lot of time on your hands for things like this haha.

Jess Boyd said...

good luck to you too! i absolutely hate writing cover letters.

Raine and Skye said...

New camera - how awesome! Loving the pics of your dogs.
Good luck with the job hunt!

Jenna Secrist said...

So exciting to have a new camera! That's awesome.

Stacia said...

Your dog is so cute and that's a great self portrait! Good luck with your wishes!

Jess Boyd said...

They say you always regret the photos that you DIDN'T take. Definitely worth it.

Autumn said...

Awesome! Getting your first DSLR is something else - it opens up so many opportunities! You'll never see the pictures you take the same way again, LOL!