Weekly Wishes 14

Monday, February 10, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Monday, everyone. This weekend was spent tuned in to NBC and contemplating what all I actually accomplished as a child, while all of these athletes were training on the mountain. I think I was spending my time hanging out in the outfield at t-ball (because the majority of six-year-olds can't hit the ball that far.) And that was the beginning and ending of my athletic career. But I digress.

So last week I wanted to carry my camera around with me more. And that didn't really happen. But going to the office and hanging around the house aren't necessarily photo-worthy moments. I also wanted to apply to five jobs, which I did. And I also had an interview Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

Goals for this week: 

1. Get ahead in blogging. Every Sunday afternoon I say that I am going to write the posts for this week, but then I decide that a nap is more important. And I would be right in that. But this week, I want to knock out the rest of this week's posts and get a head start on next week. Any tips for organizing and feeling inspired to think ahead in your editorial calendar? 

2. Try out a few new recipes. And if they turn out amazing, of course I'll share them with you.

3. Get back into spinning. I went to spinning class every Monday night this summer, but haven't gotten back into it since I've been back home. But now there is one on Tuesday/Thursday mornings that I can go to. And I'm hoping that the morning class doesn't have a line out the door like the 5:30 class did. It was like children cutting in line and telling teacher in there. (There was even a number/sign in system.)

The Nectar Collective

14 comments:

Destiny Barker said...

Our athletic careers sound like they about started and ended the same way! I always have to marvel at how beautiful the athletes look while doing their tricks! Good luck with the cooking this week! I'm excited to see how those recipes turn out!

Kayli Schattner said...

Ohhh! I've always wanted to try out a spin class :) Good luck with your goals this week, Jess!

Alisha B. said...

I don't actually write my post ahead of time but when ever i get a good idea i immediately write it down on my calendar! It helps a lot for when its actually time for me to sit down and write. Good luck on your goals this week!

Kaelene Spence said...

I just started taking spinning classes and I am hooked! I am trying to be better about writing post ahead of time but I tend to not be able to get the motivation to finalize them until the night before.

Holly Sosa said...

I plan most of my blog posts a week in advance. It makes it so much easier & more fun for me!

Jess Boyd said...

It definitely takes the added stress at about 12:30 a.m. sitting in front of a blank post wondering what to write about for tomorrow.

Jess Boyd said...

I never thought that I would enjoy riding a stationary bike so much haha!

Jess Boyd said...

thanks! And I think you have found a happy medium between being overprepared and stressing out about it.

Jess Boyd said...

thanks! it's so much fun :)

Jess Boyd said...

glad i'm not alone in the lack of athletic careers department.

Amy Lynne Hayes said...

These all sound like excellent goals! I find that if I'm "too productive" over the weekend, meaning I work the whole thing through, I actually wake up Monday exhausted. Then my whole week is shot! lol Good luck finding that balance though, and on the recipes and spin classes!

Crystal @ Dreams, etc. said...

I felt the same way watching the Olympics this weekend! I wanted to be an Olympic figure skater, but my parents never let me take lessons. Good luck with your wishes this week!

Jordan Beck Wagner said...

Totally sympathize with you! Every week I plan on writing posts in advance and every week, I totally fail! Hope you have a good week!!!

xoxoxo Jordan

Chelsea Ward said...

Oh man, I'm a spinning addict! Our gym lets us call in a reserve a spot on the list 24 hours before a class which is nice. It is a little ridiculous but it helps to keep down on gym drama! Good luck with your goals this week!