Weekly Wishes 15

Monday, February 17, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Monday? If you are one of the lucky ones who is enjoying time off for President's Day, enjoy it and think of the rest of us who are waking up early to face another Monday.

Last week I wanted to get ahead in blogging, and well as I'm writing this on Sunday afternoon, I am going to feverishly write several posts to schedule, so let's say this goal will be finished before you read this...hopefully. I also tried a new recipe, apple oatmeal muffins, which I will share later. And finally I wanted to start going back to spinning class and I went twice this week. I go at 8:30 a.m. and this week it was just me and three retired men, so I felt an added pressure to keep up the pace with them. I can't have them out-peddling me.

Goals for this week: 

1. Submit the first part of my calligraphy project. I've been practicing on my own for several weeks and I think I am finally ready to begin submitting my project for critique. 

2. Along those same lines, I have absolutely fallen in love with Skillshare classes. Maybe it is because I am not quite out of the routine of learning and classes quite yet, but I just started one on learning SEO. This will help with not just blogging, but with future jobs too. I have a decent background working with web content management, but I've always wanted to learn a little bit more about SEO, hopefully this class will simplify the subject!

3. Decorate my walls. I just got the most perfect print of a doxie staring out the window looking at the Eiffel Tower framed and it needs a home in my room. Actually all of the prints I had hanging in my apartment at school are still in a box sitting on my floor waiting to be put up still two months later.

14 comments:

Holly Sosa said...

I'd love to learn more about Skillshare. I, too, need to learn more on SEO.

Good luck this week!

Jessica Emerson said...

I love Skillshare! I just started one of the calligraphy classes today and I've also been working through one of the beginner hand lettering classes. Good luck with your goals this week!

Jessica Leigh said...

Did you get the doxie print from one of your previous coffee chats?! Am I remembering that correctly?? I LOVE that print!

Good luck with your goals this week! Hope you finished your post scheduling yesterday :)

Jess Boyd said...

I did! I saw that there was only one in stock (at the time) and wanted to snatch it up :)

Z K said...

Agh, can you please write a whole post on SEO? I feel like I still don't understand it some days. So confusing!

Crystal @ Dreams, etc. said...

That print of the doxie looking at the Eiffel Tower sounds adorable! I love doxies. :)

And I also love Skillshare! I'm really enjoying the classes that I'm taking.

Jess Boyd said...

What classes are you taking? I might have to add them to my list.

Jess Boyd said...

I'll share all of my sage advice when I'm finished. Cross my fingers that I can add "SEO guru" to my resume. Really, I just want to say that I'm a guru in something.

Jess Boyd said...

I love calligraphy! I've thought about hand lettering but I dont know if I'm quite artistic enough for it.

Jess Boyd said...

I'll try and share some advice on it when I'm through! Hopefully I can make some more sense of it.

Z K said...

I'm just starting due to my switch to wordpress and the SEO plugin. There's one post that's getting SO much traffic from searches - I had no idea what I was missing!

Jess Boyd said...

I know that I should switch to WordPress, but I have heard too many horror stories. But I've heard an equal amount of horror stories from bloggers on blogger, too. Maybe I'm just too stuck in my ways...

Z K said...

I did not have a "nightmare" - it was definitely a pain in the butt, but I think it's worth it for how convenient it is once everything is transferred. I'll probably write a post about it eventually, bahaha.

Courtney said...

Ooh, Skillshare! I *love* skillshare. I'm currently taking the become a better blogger, fundamentals of design, and street photography classes. How do you like the SEO class?