Weekly Wishes 16

Monday, February 24, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Monday everyone. Did anyone else watch the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding piece on NBC last night? I was 2 when the spectacle occured and so it was all news to me, but I was more amazed by how high everyone's hair was teased. I think all of the hairspray in the 80s and 90s played a major role in whatever damage has been done to the ozone layer.

Moving on... 

Last week my goals were to begin my Skillshare class on SEO and to finally hang up all my pictures in my room. Glad to check those two things off my list, even if they both were quite late in the week. Thankfully for the class we are supposed to make a practice website in Weebly to learn the basics, and that was the platform I used for my digital portfolio in senior seminar so I was able to breeze right on through the steps on how to set up the site. Don't worry, I'll share whatever helpful hints I learn with you when I'm done and maybe we can both know a little bit more about how to land at the top of search results. 

And as for my room, I finally feel like I've moved back in and don't look like I will be packing my bags again at any moment. Pictures to come soon, I promise. 

And for this week, my main focus is polishing my interviewing skills. You know, like finding the perfect "weaknesses that I have actually turned into positives" and how to answer the question "tell me about yourself" without rambling off on a tangent about Paris. 
And to end things today, I'd like to share a photo of the five (5) active Starbucks gift cards I found in my wallet. Needless to say, I will be stopping by for an afternoon coffee today without feeling the least bit guilty. Plus, it won't be too much longer until I'm bona fide and have received my gold card. It's the little things, right? 

7 comments:

Kaelene Spence said...

Love finding active gift cards in my wallet, like Christmas all over again! Interview skills can be so difficult to master, good luck!

Darci Miller said...

Oh gosh, I watched Nancy And Tonya last night too. Madness. ESPN did a similar movie a month or so ago, and the more I watch these things the less I feel I know about what happened, lol. No idea what to believe! But yes, that hair. Yowza.

Leah S. said...

Nice! I love finding gc with money still on them!

Jessica Angeles said...

Love finding hidden money like that, especially in gift card form!! Good luck with everything this week!

ChloƩ Arnold said...

How AWESOME is that heart gift card!! Love it!

Sarah Halstead said...

Awesome job on your goals last week. I love those cards!

Z K said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I magically found all those in my wallet. Any and all starbucks credit is usually used immediately in my book :] and I thought the harding/kerrigan scandal was so interesting too! I couldn't catch the special but stayed up half the night reading about it on Wikipedia :]