Behind Your Jeans

Thursday, November 1, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Thursday, November 1, 2012

As I'm sure you know by now, I definitely kind of have a control problem.
 Like, it's bad. 
And I think it's for this reason that I absolutely hate surprises. I love to surprise other people, but having someone surprise me? No. Not happening.
 I remember as a child snooping around for months to see what I was going to get for my birthday//Christmas just because I HAD to know what presents I was getting (For the record Mom, I always knew you were hiding them in your closet behind your jeans)


Just a couple of kids running around Europe for the first time.

In order to make sure that we didn't have any surprises while we were traveling in Europe by ourselves for the first time, I made everyone practice going through the motions to board a train. I'm talking like I made Jess, Mutti, and Clay time how long it took to get to the train station, actively look for our platform, and {almost} get on a train. 
I'm already planning similar tactics for our Spring Break trip to NYC & Boston in March. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates surprises.




-Samantha

No comments: