Eight Hours

Saturday, November 10, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Saturday, November 10, 2012

I take things for granted. I'll admit that.
 One of the biggest things I took for granted while living in our Paris apartment was the freaking delicious breakfast that was provided for us. While the Fiap had many faults, it knew how to do a French  breakfast. And at the heart any French meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) is the flaky, buttery, hot pastry known as le croissant


Given the opportunity, I could easily write an entire love letter dedicated to the wonder that is a croissant. Done right, these are absolutely life changing. However, here at home, it seems that most croissants are not up to their French standards. In fact, they fall very short. The mark of a true croissant is the way it falls into a million pieces the second you bite into it. The fact that most croissants I've come across recently can be sliced in half and used as a sandwich is highly alarming.

In order to abate our cravings, last weekend Emily & I decided to embark on a journey to create the perfect croissant. 



The final product

To be 100% honest, they didn't turn out quite like their French counterpart, but they still tasted amazing. Perhaps more practice is in order?
The recipe we used is here. And just in case you were wondering, yes. It does take 8 hours to make these. Totally worth it though. Anyone else have any croissant recipes they like?



-Samantha

2 comments:

Stela said...

Your croissant looks so yummy! It takes 8 hours?!
Plus, we're mug twins!

Stamp in My Passport said...

Thank you! And yessss! 8 super long hours. It literally was an all day event. Haha. And I'm glad we're mug twins. The "S" one is the best (:

-Samantha