The Winter I Had Front Bangs

Monday, November 19, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Monday, November 19, 2012

You know in the movie "The Princess Diaries" when Anne Hathaway's character Mia gets a makeover? And her best friend Lilly says, "Hair. Hair grows." 
I mean, I've always wholeheartedly agreed with that. Butttt only in theory. For 99.9% of my life, I've had long hair. Like middle-of-the-back long hair. And while I always agree with Lilly that hair grows, I've never actually put my money where my mouth is. So I decided to do something about it.

Guys. It's crazy long.

Y'all, I'm cutting my hair! The catalyst for this most historic event was when my hair was too long for me to put in a sock bun. Like, how does that even happen...? I'm not like exceptionally attached to my hair, & it isn't my security blanket or anything. But I've just never cut it short before. I've had the same haircut for most of my life (minus the winter I had front bangs in 2nd grade. woof.) , and so, after 20 years, I've decided it's high time to mix things up. 

My hair inspiration.

I like to think of my new look as a "long bob" (is that an oxymoron?). See how short that is? Ok. It's not really that short. It's short for me. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to the fact that it won't take me 30 minutes to dry my hair anymore (which means more sleeping in. helloooo.). This is all going down Tuesday, but I wanted you to know about it before it happens. & to hold me accountable. I'm doing this. For real. It's happening. 
Anyone have any hilarious stories of haircuts gone wrong? I'd hate love to hear them!





-Samantha




No comments: