Travel Tuesday- Why I Do It

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , , , |

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I remember when I returned home after living in Paris, people would always ask me what it was like. And it was always the toughest question I had to answer. How can you sum up an entire life-changing experience in one sentence? 
The answer: you can't. 

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London

Before I left for Paris, I saw my life turning out like most; graduate college, get a job, get married, have babies, be BORING. Paris showed me that there is more to this world. That you don't have to live life conventionally to have a good life. That travel is one of the most important things that happens. That trying new things and getting out of your comfort zone can be the most exciting part of life

The Three Amigos in Ireland

I realized after I came back just how much more I wanted out of life. And I realized I didn't have a single idea how to change it. Before I left, I was just floating along in life, trying desperately to find something or someone to grasp to. And as it turns out, I found Paris.

Monet's Garden in Giverny 

 As graduation looms ever nearer, I have never been more unsure or more confident of the direction that I am headed in because I know that I have experienced some truly amazing things in this short life. 

The first of many times hanging out at the Eiffel Tower

No matter how my life turns out, I know that the months I spent in Paris will forever be considered some of the most special. Thank you, Paris for changing my life. 



-Samantha

No comments: